Rainbow Stone Wall Island and Planting
1988: Rainbow Stone Wall Island Design
East Northport, NY
ITEM- IDP - 03
- Stage 1 - Complete renovation of front beds included removal of: old shrubs, roots, stumps and grass. All original debris was hauled to land fill and discarded.
- Stage 2 - Drywall Construction using a natural stone called Mountain Laurel, also know as Rainbow Rock. Giving the landscape a natural effect while still matching the existing walk and stoop masonry colors.
- Stage 3 - Planting design was motified greatly from the original large overgrown type shrubs to dwarf species and slow growing evergreens.
- Stage 4 - Burgandy 3/4 inch stone was latter used with weed barrier for ground cover.
- Stage 5 - Grading of front yard with Bobcat skid loader as a first step in establishing a new seeded lawn using kentucky blue grass.
- All planting material was hand picked from local growing farms of this region to insure proper growth for our climate conditions.